Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Imaging set up advice please

Hi Folks,

Just finished building my observatory and looking for some advice on mounting the scopes.

I currently have a Celestron C9.25 mounted on an NEQ6 pro mount and now would like to add my WO Megrez 90 to the set up.

Not sure if it's best to mount the Megrez on guide rings on top of the C9.25 or use a side by side set up

Anybody out there with a similar arrangement.

Thanks Ron

post-16068-133877725433_thumb.jpg

post-16068-133877725456_thumb.png

Not quite the same, but I have mounted a ST80, and later a Meade 5000 ED80 on a C8 SCT. The ST80 used tube rings mounted on a short bar that itself was mounted on a long bar attached to the C8 mounting points. I used a angle adjuster between the bars. Note the C8 used different screws at the front and back of the tube!

The Meade mount used the same bars and tube rings, but with an extra 'L' plate and angle adjuster to give two axis movement. I rearly use these setups now, I just mount the scope I want to use.

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

Hi BlueAstra,

Interesting set up you have there,

The main problem is obviously the extra weight on the mount,

I'm just trying to avoid removing one of the scopes every time I want to go from widefield imaging to high mag planetary.

I may go for a smaller wide field scope like a WO 66 although I the Meg 90 is a lovely scope.

cheers

Ron

Hi Olly,

The more I think about, guide rings could be a bit of a bad move.

I will look into a fixed solution.

I have already upgraded the dovetail on the C9.25 to the Losmandy type which will obviously help reduce flexing with the mount.

cheers

Ron

Archived