SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ISS on the SkyX?

freelander86

sorry to hijack i'm interested in the new version i have been using 6Pro for some time (not live) the new layout in X seems to be more intuitive to me looking from the outside..

my questions would be-

is it as good as 6?

is it worth the upgrade amount for 6pro?

Is the scope control as good as it looks?

@Freelander head back to Bisque and check out the specific downloads and add ons for your version, if its available they will have it listed in the downloads section normally.

Let me know your thoughts to X please.

With the Professional version of the program you don't download them from the web site, it is integrated into TheSkyX itself.

I'm not sure the 'First light' (free?) version does this though??

On the top menu bar click on 'Input', then 'Satellites', then click the 'Import from web' button. Then select the ones you want to track. They will be updated regularly (you can change this vale as well).

You will then have to make sure they are being displayed on the chart by ticking the relevant box in the 'Chart Elements' tab (Under 'Solar system objects')

You can also access the menus from the 'Satellites from above earth' button. This shows the actual positions of them rotating the earth.

http://www.bisque.com/help/theskyx%20SAE%20Help/artificial_satellites.htm

I'm guessing the 'First light' version is a slightly cut-down version of the basic software.

You can show the ISS, along with other satellites in Stellarium you know (In the 'plugins' tab) - And that is free.

No review on the software for me, i have 6pro and like the look of X but not sure if i will get enough to make it worth the money?

would love a review from someone that owns the full version, i'm tempted to run the trial but as with all trials you can bet it will be cloudy for a month.

Archived