the waiting is killing me...

Radhinio

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are you doing with the new scope?

I had to go to the shops as running out of food. Stepped outside and the sky was taunting me! Reasonably clear as I looked up to the crescent moon and could see Jupiter to one side of it and Venus to my right. My new scope is sat there in my living room but I can't even lift the box that the counter weights are in at the moment :icon_salut:

How are you doing with the new scope?

I had to go to the shops as running out of food. Stepped outside and the sky was taunting me! Reasonably clear as I looked up to the crescent moon and could see Jupiter to one side of it and Venus to my right. My new scope is sat there in my living room but I can't even lift the box that the counter weights are in at the moment :evil:

Tell me about it! Hide and seek with clouds appearing fro nowhere! Frustrating! Better get used to It I guess...

Can't wait to focus on whatever is visible for the first ever time with my brand new scope...:icon_salut:

Tell me about it! Hide and seek with clouds appearing fro nowhere! Frustrating! Better get used to It I guess...

Can't wait to focus on whatever is visible for the first ever time with my brand new scope...:icon_salut:

How much setting up did you need to do. I've just downloaded several videos off Youtube on setting up my mount. Not sure how well the chap I bought it from set it up, it's like new and he only used it twice.

Set up was really straightforward though I must admit due to the sky conditions I was more keen just to get it up and see something. What I saw was stunning. Jupiter, Orion nebula, and the moon put in an appearance! wow! Showed my gf and she was as amazed as me! Clouded over now so writing this update. Regarding the setup I think it's really easy as long as you read the instruction and take your time. Basically set the azimuth to 0, switch it off, back on again, set latitude (52 ish), point north using the compass and away you go. I have yet to track objects yet :eek:Tommorow hopefully. I'll let you know how it goes...

Archived