Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cool (Particle) Physics Blog - re. the Higgs etc.

Not seen this one before, but: Quantum Diaries (1)

And for those still not fed up with the "LHC" (the BBC? LOL): Quantum Diaries (2)

Never quite understood the... "Eating of Goldstone Bosons", but (pictorially) that and electro-weak unification are now clearer! Still not quite sure how (or rather WHY?) the remaining (the "true") Higgs would reascend "Higgs Hill" (the potential) to obtain mass, but worthy of (several) readings? Well Done, that man! :icon_salut:

Nice finds, thank you, very interesting.

Following some of the links therein led to "Dark Light". Way out !

Dark Photons | Cosmic Variance | Discover Magazine

But it seems that all that Dark Stuff doesnt interact enough with itself (let alone with us) to form Dark Astronomers looking back this way !!

Does make you wonder though - I seems almost EASY to create theories that produce all sorts of candidates for "dark matter". A slight imbalance between particles doing the "eating" and those being "eaten", might do it? I sense such things cannot be synonymous with the "conventional" Higgs - I guess, since it is predicted to decay. But I see that notions of "stable Higgs bosons" might not be ridiculed out of hand? But perhaps if one (the LHC!) infers that they exceed masses ~125Gev, there might almost be too many of them... :icon_salut:

Stable Higgs Bosons? New candidate for cold dark matter? AIP Conference Proceedings

Archived