Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

APT Shuts Camera down

jnc71106

I purchased the full version of APT the other week had a quick go on it and it seemed ok

Have been using it today and I have stumbled upon a problem

I use a 12v lead to power my camera so I don't have to change batteries over this lead goes to my leisure battery and this works perfectly and keeps the camera powered for as long as I want

However when I start up APT and connect to my camera the APT screen tells me that the battery only has 80% charge this then changes to 30% and within 30 secs the camera is shutting down telling me I need to recharge the battery pack then APT freezes completely and I end up having to restart the laptop

Disconnect the camera from the laptop and it springs back into life and works fine

I tried using an actual canon battery and APT works fine

I also tried different USB leads incase it was a dodgy connection but no difference

So is it an issue with the software not recognising the 12v power pack ?

Does it not support them ?

I'm at a bit of a loss and tbh

Hi Jnc71106,

What brand is the lead that you use to power the camera? APT relays on the canon library to communicate with the camera, and I don't have any special handling for battery or external power. What the program makes is to ask the camera now much power there is and to show it. I'm using the astronomizer power cable and also see 80% battery, but it remains unchanged.

Can you make a small test with EOS utilities to see how it work there? Is it possible to be a problem in the power lead?

Ok it's now doing the same thing with backyardeos it was working ok with it last night but trying again this morning it lasted about 10 mins then shutdown and it now shuts down after about a minute every time with both program's

I'm going to send an email to astronomiser to see what they say

The odd thing is that this only happens when I have it plugged into the laptop and I run capture software otherwise the camera is fine being powered from the astronomiser lead

I'm using the latest version of both program's

Archived