Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Toucam SC1 and Windows 7 - nogo ?

jarbi

Hi imagers,

I have recently replaced my astro notebook with XP by a machine with Windows 7 64bit iCore7, and there seems to be no way to use my SC1-modded Toucam ( SPC900 firmware actually ) in long exposure mode for guiding.

In PHD-guiding the camera is recognised and connecting fine. But - when I start capturing frames- it almost never returns the correct long exposure frame ( whatever 'upload delay' I choose between 1-50 ). The long exposure COM-port is correctly configured and recognised in PHD guiding.

I have tested it as WDM-style camera & works fine, but it is much less sensitive in that mode - not good enough for guiding.

It is such a pity, I love this guidecam and it worked flawlessly for more than 4 years...

I would really appreciate if someone could give a hint. I have asked the same question on the Stark-labs Yahoo-group but no answer arrived..

Clear skies,

Janos

Archived