NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Camera attachment Explorer 200P

Hi all, I have just taken delivery of a Skywatcher Explorer 200P EQ5 :)

I purchased a Canon adapter and I think I must need something else to attach the DSLR?

This is the adapter

Sky-Watcher M48 Canon Adaptor (20237) - wex photographic

Please help!

Thanks

EDIT

Do I need

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-sky-watcher-direct-slr-camera-adaptor/p10688

There is a Adapter that screws into the Sky-Watcher M48 Canon Adapter, it has a 2" end that goes into the Focuser, where 2 thumb screws tighter it, i use one with my Nikon just allows the camera to be kept level when taking images..

Also should there be a male to male adapter for the eyepiece? All I have is 2 different size female threads one on the focus tube and one on a eyepiece mount with screws on?

Sorry for the stupid question :)

There is this a T-ring with the 2" Focuser fit (No Thread) so the focuser thumb screws keep it in place, this type is fine if you don't need any spaces to gain focus, it would work with my Nikon on a 10" Reflector..

I believe there is a problem with older Skywatcher OTAs, like my original black tube 200P, in that there is a ridge inside the focuser that prevents full and proper insertion of a 2" nosepiece. My understanding is that newer models have a different collar on the focuser which means this is no longer a problem.

Archived