Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

a little help needed please

Lee85

i have a skywatcher 150pl and a canon 1000d and i know i need a t adapter but is there any specific type i need? or will any be ok, also do i need a focus extender (i think there called that)

but anyway back onto eyepeices i have the standard 10mm 24mm and a x2 barlow and if i use the barlow and 10mm i get a OK view of jupiter but i want to get a closer view and better quality can anyone recomend a good eye peice for my teliscope. i have seen a celestron 8mm to 24mm zoom but are they anygood?

1 more :)) is there anyway of connecting my canon to the eyepeice not straight to the teliscope for even closer photos?

thanks in advance :) :)

You won't get a bigger view with that scope. I usually calculate assuming a smallest exit pupil of 0.5 mm. That would mean x300 power (150/0.5). Which is given by a 4mm eyepiece (1200/300). As for a better high power view, I've found that the "volcano top" orthoscopic eyepieces deliver the best bang for your money, although the eye lens tends to be tiny making it not the easiest eyepiece to use. They can be picked up, second hand for around £30-40

ore1.jpg

i have a skywatcher 150pl and a canon 1000d and i know i need a t adapter but is there any specific type i need? or will any be ok, also do i need a focus extender (i think there called that)

A generic Canon T-ring is all you need

You don't need an extension, if anything you will have trouble getting the camera in close enough, not out.

but anyway back onto eyepeices i have the standard 10mm 24mm and a x2 barlow and if i use the barlow and 10mm i get a OK view of jupiter but i want to get a closer view and better quality can anyone recomend a good eye peice for my teliscope. i have seen a celestron 8mm to 24mm zoom but are they anygood?

You're about on the limits at 5mm effective. You can get a better 5mm EP, but you can't make it any bigger.

It's probably OK but I have no direct knowledge of the Celestron. If you really want a zoom, the better option would be the Baader Hyperion.

1 more :D) is there anyway of connecting my canon to the eyepeice not straight to the teliscope for even closer photos?

thanks in advance :evil::icon_salut:

Any eyepiece that has a t-thread on the end (such as the Hyperion fixed focal length, or the zoom with an adaptor) can have a camera attached via the t-ring.

For non t-threaded EPs, you need to find an eyepiece projection adaptor that is big enough to contain your EP. It then has a t-thread on top to connect the camera to.

serious, 29 people and no one can help

Patience is a virtue :(

As Kheldar mentioned, I have a Baader Zoom 8-24mm 1.25" EP. I love mine, great as a finder zoomed out and just seems to keep zooming, plus you can couple them with a barlow to get the 4mm etc out of it! An option worth considering if you are into planetary viewing like me :icon_salut:

Dan.

Archived