Eyepieces yet again

I've just bought a new Skywatcher 200 on an EQ5 mount and my first impressions after using it (I used to own a 4 inch scope years ago) was WOW! Watched Io transit Jupiters disc, could see the shadow cast by Io, cloud detail etc. Turned to take a looked at the Orion nebula and I almost fell over with disbelief at how luminous it and beautiful it was so all in all going pretty well, found the Andromeda galaxy and was a little bit underwhelmed but still happy that I could see the disc and possibly a dust lane (big possible in there) plus m110.

I've done a bit of research and read the advice concerning eyepieces and think the eyepiece that I would like to upgrade first is the low power (I'm more interested in deep space objects). I'm thinking on the skywatcher panaview 31mm (around 80 pounds which is pretty much the limit of my budget but may be able to pay a little more).

Ok, sorry for the drivel; The Question: How much difference will a new eyepiece such as this make to my views? Is it worth the outlay and will my enjoyment be increased. I'm currently using the eyepieces which come with the scope which retail at about 15 pounds.

Many thanks in advance for any help/advice and sorry its so long for such a simple question.

Hi Kedvenc, I am a fairly newbie, but I can say that I bought a 32mm GSO Plossl (cost in the £30ish mark) for my refractor, and the difference in quality is very noticeable over the eyepieces supplied with the scope (SKyWatcher). I imagine that the Panaview will give you a substantial improvement.

Hi, I would personally recommend the 32mm PanaView, this was the first upgrade I ever bought and it made a fantastic difference to my viewing pleasure, great wide field though a bit soft at the edges, but absolutely tack sharp across most of the field, amazing views if deep sky is your interest.

Hi the panaview seems to be a good choice, although they seem to be hard to get hold of at the moment. FLO will have them in stock in April. I so wanted a 32 mm panaview. But being impatient I think I will go for the aero ed and just hope they are more available, if your budget could stretch another £20 I know SGL member (kh3ldar) is selling a 30mm aero ed for about £ 90 on astro buy/sell. Apparently the aero is a better ep than the panaview. Good luck.

Archived