Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Nexstar 127 SLT Maksutov Cassegrain Telescope

I have just got a Celestron Nexstar 127 mak and love it. For a novice like me it takes just a few minutes to align any 3 bright objects and away you go exploring. Jupiter is great and you can see the bands and moons etc. The 'Tour' option takes you to an array of objects within your location (not all visable) and it helps teach you where things are or you can simply search the database for specific targets from books etc. LP restricts my DSO viewing but I have a site to go to that should be far darker.

I just received the Revelation EP set and can't wait to try them also I am hooking the goto upto a laptop and using Stellarium for tracking.

I'm also looking forward to trying some astrophotography.

The size of the scope is perfect for transport, storage and fits snuggly in the Maplin case I also ordered.

I know this might not be the best option for DSO but I can't fault it as a starter scope and I think it will stay with me even as I advance with new scopes.

My only gripe with the hobby so far is that every order I have made online from 2 major sites have been part shipped so therefore missing items even though they say instock which does my head in :) Please Please use a live stock system or don't say that everything on the site is instock lol

Hi,

I am thinking or purchasing the Celestron 127 SLT. Can you provide me with a link the the Maplin case you ordered?

I may want to transport the telescope around and would need a case as I don't drive.

Thanks

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should have a cable with the scope (if it was new) to update the software on the handset and mount encoders. You use this one to connect to a laptop but might also need a serial/usb adaptor if you have no serial port. This cable can also be used to control the scope from software like Stellarium :)

Archived