NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anything planned?

bugle

Hiya all!

Anybody have any plans to get away from our light polluted towns and head for local dark skies? I particularly like the sound of mcro89s Tunstall site...

I'm close and may well be up for an impromptu clear night visit. anyone fancy it?

Yeah, I bought a new power pack the other week after killing my first one... Maplin have some nice 17Ah packs with twin lighter sockets on sale at the mo for £39 which is a bit of a bargain, I was thinking about buying a second one.

I'd be up for a session at Matt's site too... we just need a few days warning of a clear night!

Ben

Well we can all keep an eye on the forecast and post here with a likely candidate...

I did talk to someone about this site and was informed that maybe it is sometimes visited for other reasons that involve watching in through car windows! not sure how accurate this is?

• 2 weeks later...
Well we can all keep an eye on the forecast and post here with a likely candidate...

I did talk to someone about this site and was informed that maybe it is sometimes visited for other reasons that involve watching in through car windows! not sure how accurate this is?

Hey, gives us something to look at if it's cloudy I guess :-)

Ben

Archived