Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How good are delos?

inspectapart

Not yet. I was planning on getting a 6mm, but I kinda want a 10mm Ethos first :) Every article I've ever read on it, written by people who tried it, was favorable. Some even say it's slightly sharper than the Ethos, which is kind of hard to believe.. At any rate, I think it's safe to say it's at least as good as the Ethos optically, with a narrower AFOV (72 degrees) and a bit better eye relief (20mm). At a much more attractive price..

My understanding is, as Newmans, that the Delos is designed to deliver similar viewing characteristics to the Ethos in terms of sharpness, light transmission, contrast and control of light scatter. The Delos provides a smaller field of view (but still wide), more eye relief and is less expensive than the Ethos. I have read reports of some people seeing a little off-axis colour (CA) with the Delos mind you.

I've compared the Pentax XW10mm (which is the best of the superb XW range) with Ethos equivilents and the Ethos was at least as good, though a lot more expensive of course.

If the pricing is similar the choice between a Pentax XW and a Delos could be a tough one - down to personal preference perhaps ?.

Archived