NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader hyperion vs Celestron X-Cel lx

todd8137

The Hyperions have been around for a while and for a long time were considered the best in their niche. Recently however there are some "new kids on the block" such as the Celestron X-Cel LX's which are now challenging the Hyperions dominance in the £50-£100 price niche. Maybe it's time for Baader to come up with a Hyperion range II in response ?.

Hyperions won't like a 12" reflector...???

thanks John,

i think i shall get the celestron one now i did want the hyper but will give the x cel lx range ago and hope fully over the weekend give them a try albeit from the back garden,but a will get to a dark site to try them

thanks

As I understand it, in a faster telescope Hyperions aren't as sharp towards the edges of the field of view. They are perfectly fine in my F6 SW200P dob and using fine tuning rings makes them a very versatile eyepiece.

In this case I think the OP is going the right way with the Celestrons :)

As I understand it, in a faster telescope Hyperions aren't as sharp towards the edges of the field of view. They are perfectly fine in my F6 SW200P dob and using fine tuning rings makes them a very versatile eyepiece.

In this case I think the OP is going the right way with the Celestrons :)

that is the reson i was looking at the hyperions because of that reson will post my purchase this afternoon

Archived