NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Woolleson

Hi all,

Been lurking in this fab forum for a week or so, learnt so much ! So thought it was time I said hello :0)

Anyhow I'm a complete noob, just ordered a SW 150p and I'm a after a bit of advice. My goal is to capture some good images eventually. Been a wedding photographer for some years and own a few canon dslr's.

Wanted to start simple and take some planet shots, I've seen a lot use a webcams and registax. Would this be a better option and once I get motorised use the DSLR for DSO's?

Also what webcam and mount would people recommend?

Is there an option to link to an iPad? Hate my lappy it's soooooo slow

Sorry for all the questions !

Jason, Glossop Derbyshire

HI Jason, eq5 or cg5 would be a nice choice of mount for your scope, but with a focal ratio of f/5 is probably more suited to dso work, however barlow lenses can over come this.

I use and would recommend a SPC 900 web cam as thier fairly cheap to obtain and give good results, as for dso work im not very experienced in, but it seems like you already have dslrs so no problems there. Hope this helps Simon.

Archived