Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

any thoughts on using dslr and tripod

titan79

Just wanted some thoughts on using a dslr and tripod for basic photos if the night sky , what should i exspect to see with this type of astrophotography and would a canon 1000 1100 d be good for this and also what type of lenses do i need

I have used a Conon 1000d on a tripod and had some pleasing results. I used the stock 18-55mm lens and kept the exposures down to about 30 seconds to keep star trailing to a minimum.

Try it and i`m sure you will be surprised what you manage to capture.:)

Wow spider those pic's are amazing dont think i will get any like that here light pollution here is quite high but i wont but put off by that i can always go some where else .......was they just one 30 second exposure ?

oh yeah forgot to ask is a light pollution filter available for dslr cameras ?

Hi titan 79

Yes all pictures in my topic are single 30s exposures. Startrails are stacked from many frames but each frame has also 30s exposure.

Can't help you with filter as I don't use any, but I belive that such filter should be available for dslr cameras, maybe somebody else can confirm this for you just to be sure.

Archived