NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

reassurance needed

pixueto

Maybe if I had position the camera right, I would have been able to frame it all but... Well if I told you that very same weekend, I spent nearly two hours in freezing cold imaging the flame and horsehead nebula just to find out during processing that I took photos of the area north of the flame! I would have been better of spending time with M42!

Ha yep that cold weather is not much fun to image in but it keeps the mind focused and I spent 4 hours the other night looking for M101 so dont feel bad its all part of the fun..I think.

To increase the colour try this method which works well..

Correcting colours with curves and fixing burned out cores - YouTube

When you have increased altered the colours there are many ways to do it but when your done use a hide all layer mask to apply it in a selective manner. I like using the curves rgb channel to alter colours but you can also use the other tools in photoshop such as match colour.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I can get darker pixels for the background. I stretched the histogram a great deal and probably clipped the darkest tones. I'll put the pictute in a new thread and see if we can get more people involved. Thank you very much for your tip on the high pass filter. That made all the difference quartermass.

So I tooke the DSS file you posted and messed around with the curves/levels/hue/saturation in photoshop and ended up with this.

Thank you. Did you try a high pass filter? I got this tip from quartermass and it made all the difference. Not only the dust lines came alive but it allowed me to process the image further as it pushed the histogram to the right.

Thank you. Did you try a high pass filter? I got this tip from quartermass and it made all the difference. Not only the dust lines came alive but it allowed me to process the image further as it pushed the histogram to the right.

Ohh I'm still figuring out processing a little bit. What is a high-pass filter and what did you do? I'm curious to learn more :)

Archived