Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

This maybe handy

mrwatfordfc

i live in hemelhempstead and i sometimes use a site called freecycle i.e mine is hemelfreecycle , they are all over the country and i have even had a telescope off this site and many many astonomy books etc, now you use these site to give away or wanted sections, the idea is to recycle and its a great site, so if any of you want to give anything away or you may be needing something then why not give it a go as im sure there will be one in your area, you never know someone out there may have alot of astonomy stuff they want to get rid off and the rules are that its free, i have just posted for a telescope and the last time i did this i got one , anyway if its of any use pls give it a go cheers

Many of the UK-based Freecycle groups no longer go by that name. I don't know the truth of the story, but the impression I get is that the people who started the whole Freecycle thing off in the US went off on a bit of a power trip and quite a few UK groups decided they wanted no further part of it.

Unfortunately they don't really seem to have regrouped under a common banner which means they're more difficult to find these days.

James

Archived