Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Telescope Modifications

hazza001

Hey all im new to the forum but have performed a number of mods on my telescope already, they can all be found on my blog.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions drop me a line

Many Thanks :)

HK

Edit: thought I would add, that modifications include Anti-vibration pads, diy collimation bolts as well as how to improve vibration dampening effect on stock tripods.

I have a suggestion but its more to do with your blog design than its content. The colour of your link text, dark blue, doesn't play very nice with a black background. If you want to appeal to the widest audience including people with poor eyesight you might want to consider changing to a lighter colour to up the contrast. Just a friendly suggestion :-)

i got the newspaper down the legs yesterday. going to get some lead and sand from the inlaws today. i took the scope out last night and even with just the newspaper in i noticed a slight difference. so well worth the 40mins it took to stuff the legs :)

thanks very much.

Martin

Brilliant I'm glad it helped, I found it made a difference and it feels a lot more solid. but once that lead shot and sand has been added it becomes a lot heavier!

If you want to make an even bigger difference have a look at the anti vibration pads I made (also found on my blog). I tested them yesterday in the wind and I could still see Jupiter clearly at high magnification, without them I don't think I would have stood a chance! :D

anyway glad it helped :)

HK

Archived