Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A Rosette awarded for a busy night

rocketandroll

Hi all

Ok, just a real quick, rough process... this is the Rosette nebula pic I grabbed last night during our local Ipswich group's Stargazing Live event.

I'll do a proper process later but for now it's not too bad.... especially considering it was from a town-center park and all through set-up and most of the imaging time I was explaining what I was doing to hundreds of people and trying to stop children from leaning on the tripod :-)

This is a total of 2.2hrs of 6min subs plus (no longer matched, need to take some new ones) darks and flats.

As always, with the Megrez 72 plus FF2 on the HEQ5, guided with the Lodestar/ST80, PHD, EQmod etc etc.

Stacked in DSS and processed (very quickly) in Photoshop 7.

What in incredible night though... wow.

Ben

post-23494-13387771886_thumb.jpg

...and a crop of the middle of the nebula...

post-23494-133877718869_thumb.jpg

Ben considering where you were in the park that is quite amazing.

I was going to come down but ended up having to fix a leaking pipe.

No probs Graham....

to be honest, it was all a bit mental, I started to loose my voice from talking solidly for three hours :-)

Great evening though, out of 300 people I'm pretty sure we had a few converts :-)

I need to work out how to straighten the wobbly focuser tube on my Newt in the next week or so, before galaxy season really kicks off... then will need to have another stab at collimation... maybe we'll manage to get another imaging night sorted out in the next month or so.

Cheers!

Ben

I have to also say... I am still blown away by the results that little scope gives every time I use it... my next scope will almost certainly be another WO scope having had such great results from the Megrez 72.

This is certainly my favourite image I've taken so far I think. One for the wall :-)

Ben

Archived