Connecting my Canon 350D to my W7 laptop

Hey all.

I got my Canon 350D at the weekend & I'm very happy with it so far. The only snag is that I have been unable to control it using my laptop which has windows 7 os & there doesn't seem to be a driver for it on the Canon site.

Does anyone know how to hook it up or can anyone point me in the direction of a program to control it on my laptop?

Any help would be appreciated,

Jeff

you could try running the canon capture software you get on disk with camera, but run it in xp compatble mode (right click desktop shortcut).

i have been unable to run via usb. will have to delete and reinstall and run in xp mode ( vista basic here). yes i emailed canon and the reply was a bit like " cameras old now we dont keep things like that upto date" a shame really.

you can use the canon hack software and gain ISO 3200 on the 350D by means of new flashware via canon hack. each memorycard must have the canon hack software on it otherwise camera reverts back to iso 1600.

Mr TamiyaCowboy,

Thanks for the advice, I might just try that as a backup. I've went & bought the remote that Tinker1947 advised so I 'll see how that goes. It appears to do everything I wanted the laptop for so it would do away with the laptop.

Jeff

Archived