skywatcher primary mirror adjustment??

thanks Kh3ldar, i was wondering if fitting bob's knob's and springs was a good or bad idea

I don't know if Bobs springs are compatible (I see no reason why not as I'm fitting them to my Altair/GSO) but springs make a lot of improvement if they are strong enough.

On my 200P I fitted Bobs collimation bolts and some other sourced springs in place of the o-rings.

I don't even need locking bolts on that now, it holds exceptionally well.

just to finish this thread off, (if anyone was interested in the outcome!! )

Kh3ldar was kind enough to assist with a few details and having ordered the springs and bolts i had a little play today,spot on easy collimation without constantly having to play with two bolts at a time,being a belt & braces type i made up 3 lock bolts also for added security...thank's again everyone & especialy Kh3ldar your a gent!!

• 2 years later...

All my scopes have been upgraded by using radio control 1/10th scale springs, they are available in a number of strengths are plastic coated and the collimation holds very well, £10 should get a good set and they last forever. We all know anything with the word astro after it costs more than it should.

Archived