phodso

This is my 2nd attempt at DSO imaging.

Scope: LXD55 SN10

Mount: NEQ 6 Pro

Camera : Canon EOS1000D

SUBS: 5 x 1 min, 15 x 45 secs, 20 x 30 secs

Darks: 10 at each sub time

Filters: Baader Neodymium & Contrast booster

The subs were taken in my light polluted garden and is unguided.

All comments and criticisms/advice is welcomed.

post-28528-133877717334_thumb.jpg

phodso,

Welcome to SGL! Feel free to introduce yourself in the Welcome section - most do. Lots of experience here to learn from. You have a good kit there so keep doing subs, many many more, and perhaps longer too. No need to split the exposure lengths like you did unless you have a substantial ammount of each.

Try 2 - 3 minutes and take up towards 50 of those. Then some really short ones for the 'core'.

Cheers

Jessun

Thanks for the advice which I have taken on board and obtained some additional 2 minute subs (Approximately 20) which I have combined with the existing and reprocessed and I think this is greatly improved.

Again any other comments are appreciated.

post-28528-133877720227_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys for the comments.

I am new to imaging and processing.

Looking forward to getting out for even more subs to see if I can get any more detail into this image.

Wish I could afford guiding equipment. Maybe next Christmas bonus, unless the wife assigns the funds elsewhere.

Archived