NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Orions belt @ 90mm

have been doing photography and lunar stuff for past year but never focused on widefield have taken a couple of M42 because it is easy to spot.

so tonight i loaded up the canon with my EF 90-300mm propped the camera and lens on my trusty camera beanbag, shoved camera to around the rough area around orions and fire away around 10 shots. below attached are JPG's from the original raw file of a single shot, saturation, balance/contrast, tint been adjusted

settings :

F 4.5 @ 90mm

ISO 1600

Auto WB

exposure 5s

seeing is clear with 1 degree temp and ground frost, location a small'ish village in East anglia , britain

post-29537-133877717289_thumb.jpg

post-29537-133877717294_thumb.jpg

I quite like the tree in the foreground, lots of detail for just a single 5 second exposure. You should try stacking the 10 shots you have, you'll be amazed at the difference it makes.

With a 90 mm lens, you should be able to get 15-20 seconds without star trailing. Give that a try, and report back to us !

Jim S.

I think 5 seconds is about the limit at 90mm Jim.

Archived