still need help ref eq5 upgrade

from my previous post i had a lot of good advice

just got back indoors after trying them all and the goto is still off by miles

checked all the settings , factory reset , the scope always seems to be looking too low in the sky and when i tell it to park to home its off.

im happy that all my settings in the handset are correct

my local lattitude is set correctly 51deg

i put the tripod leg with N facing north towards polaris with the counterweight bar directly above that leg and tried 1/2/3 star alignment , the first star was way off ie the tube was pointing at neighbours fence.

only thing i havnt looked at yet is the motor gears

any other advice would be appreciated

many thanks all

Are you starting the star alignment in the precise home position? I had this problem the first time I used my goto and tonight it was very precise after starting the alignment exactly in home position

No not precise polar aligning , I thought I could just roughly orientate north And set latitude on the mount and it wouldn't be this far off? As per the synscan instructions ?

So do I need to see Polaris in the finder scope?

Many thanks

Yes, you will be miles out doing it your way, at the very least get Polaris in the centre of your polar scope.

Archived