Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help!!!

I have just developed an annoying problem with my camera setup and some help/advice would be appreciated.

Using phd and backyard eos.

Canon 450d and a qhy5

If I try to use both cameras, then the guide camera stops working. If the cameras are connected on their own, they are both fine but if they are connected together then neither of them work and I get a message saying that a USB device has malfunctioned.

I am perplexed....

Regards all....

Maybe you have a dodgy USB cable or connection.

I would get a decent one from maplin or try lending one from a friend.

Could it be you are using a USB2 cable with a USB1 camera(not sure if this is a real problem or if I just made it up but it would make sense)

A workaround/solution may be to install Ascom and then load the Ascom drivers for the QHY5 from the QHY website. You then select one of the 'Ascom...' camera selections in PHD. This is how I used my QHY5 with PHD.

I had all sorts of driver related issues with the QHY5 native drivers, so resorted to using Ascom drivers which worked just fine.

Archived