Trapezium with a celestron 60mm

Monki

Yey! With my stock 10mm ep and brand new 2x Tal barlow on it's first outing i was able to just about see the trapezium. Averted vision and tweaking the focus...but i could just make out the main 4 :D

I aslo got to see the faint blue glow for the first time with my 25mm.

That said i had a streetlight just below view aswell....i must say i'm very impressed with this celestron 60lcm. My gf bought me it for christmas and it's my first telescope :icon_scratch:

What a great night... Without going into more detail we viewed m45, mars, jupiter, betelgeues, moon craters at ~140x, hyades and of course m42.

Sent from a Galaxy S 2 far away.

I can't wait for darker skies...after last night we're even thinking of going camping in Galloway forest area. My friend did a quick read up and it's apparently one of the best sites in the uk for dark skies. I've been once before but without a scope, there were so many stars it was unreal..

I guess portability is one advantage to smaller scopes :icon_scratch:

Sent from a Galaxy S 2 far away.

Archived