NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bent T bar, help needed and WOW

Curse my impatience been waiting all week for a break in the cloud and tonight theres a small gap so I grabbed my new scope and went outside to setup in my haste during balancing the I didn't have it locked up and yep over it went luckily I managed to catch it but in doing so I bent one of the T bars. I took it out and swapped the second T bar over it screwed in fine so luckily it's not damaged the thread in the mount. Lucky lucky.

OK so after a mild heart attack I grabbed another body to help me try again minus one of my T bars only to see all the clouds start to roll in. Dam I thought skip the rest of the setup I want to see something so I just popped the 28mm ep in and pointed roughly in the direction of Jupitor and after a little nudging bam there it was Jupiter and 4 moons OMG OMG :icon_scratch: OMG that's so AWESOME!!!!

I do needs some help though I have to baader eps a 17mm and a 10mm popping either into the focuser all I can see it in the top left hand corner of both is the what looks like the secondary anyone know why this might be?

1 bent T bar, a LEARNING experience balancing that I won't forget and 1 epic view if Jupiter :D

Sounds like it needs collimating and after a knock/shipping it would be more of a surprise if it didn't need a tweak. Plenty of guides on line. I used the trick with a 35mm film canister (well one of the dust caps), don't be scared its not the stuff of myth and magic.

Archived