Connecting telescope to computer

I have just got a serial to USB adapter and have spent the last few days trying to get my skywatcher 127 az Goto scope connected to my mac book. Firstly I tried to update the firmware, in a windows partition. The installer says it cannot connect to the telescope.

Secondly I was hunting for some drivers on the Internet, I cannot find them anywhere. I read somewhere that celestron drivers will work, is this true?

Any suggestions for a possible solution really appreciated

Thanks

I want to use it for controlling the scope on something like stellarium and eventually try and set up a guiding system.

The only reason I want to try and update firmware is so I know if my cables are working, I'm guessing you don't need drivers to update firmware?

Hi,

I have just done the same with my Macbook and Stellarium. There is a very good post one of the forums that i eventually found,try this one http://stargazerslounge.com/beginners-help-advice/117787-using-stellarium-control-your-mount-mac-solution.html but the peice of info that i was completely missing was the USB port name. as soon as i had that in the config window it worked a treat.

cant get my win7 macine to work but as long as the mac keeps going then i am fine for the moment.

hope it helps

Archived