NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sketchup 8

Starjumper

Hi All,

I am trying to use sketchup 8 too draw a carcass of 2 x 1 timber for a small project but can't seem to get it to do what I want.

I have had a look through the video tutorials but cant find anything to help.

Anyone got any idea how I sketch the carcass positions

Using this software.

All help greatly received.:icon_scratch:

John

It took me ages to learn this software and I'm still not very adept at it - I keep losing bits! I watched all the videos on the web site and YouTube plus some help from members here. It's pretty good but has a few odd quirks and some bugs I'm sure. I used it in the design of my obsy.

Suggest you re-look at the videos. The basic drawing techniques and moving / aligning objects are clearly described and, once mastered, the software is excellent for basic design work, but you do have to put in the leg work to learn the basics. If you think you're going to be designing a complex obs after only a few minutes of sketchup practice, you're likely to be disappointed!

If this doesn't help, please can you be more specific about the difficulties you are having and I'm sure those who use Sketchup can help.

Gina,

Your right about it being quirky.

Kevin,

As suggested I have had another troll through the videos on you tube and found some tiny house design which had the info nI needed.l I am not planning to build an obsy yet but wanted to practise with it on a little chicken coop so that I have a basic understanding when I do get round to the obs.

Thanks for the help guys.

John

Archived