NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

tracking help skyliner dob

PrjBennett

I've recently purchased a skyliner 200p with auto tracking. I can't seem to get the tracing to function correctly objects drift from the eyepiece fov in a couple of minutes. I've set the lattitude and ensured it is level. Anyone had similar experiences or get any gems of advice that may help me identify and solve the problem.

hi prjBennett

i have the same scope as you and my tracking seemed ok but had not tried tracking for more than about a minute but the other day me and todd was trying to get some webcam footage of the moon and it wouldnt track at all ,Mgirdwood also on here is having same problems,today iv been to Rother Valley Optics where i got my scope from and they said it should track for much longer than a few minutes but got to go back tomorrow to speak to someone who has got experince with this scope so will let you know the outcome tomorrow

thanks telesto I;ll be interested to see what the outcome is. I'm going to give it one more try watched by someone else to make sure I haven't missed anything, then it'll be on to the importers to get it sorted. I'll let you know how I get on.

hi prjBennett

i have the same scope as you and my tracking seemed ok but had not tried tracking for more than about a minute but the other day me and todd was trying to get some webcam footage of the moon and it wouldnt track at all ,Mgirdwood also on here is having same problems,today iv been to Rother Valley Optics where i got my scope from and they said it should track for much longer than a few minutes but got to go back tomorrow to speak to someone who has got experince with this scope so will let you know the outcome tomorrow

next time you do pop over we shall level the base ect bring the manual lol

I think I'm sorted. I was missing out the section about pointing scope north at 0 degrees turning power off and back on. I thought that was only for the initial setup. I've just tracked Orion neb for 10 mins with no drift. It pays to have someone else watch you with the instructions. Hope this helps telesto

hi

went out last night to get some more pictures of M42 even at 4 seconds i was getting star trails but then i was getting 15 seconds no trails so mines doing what ever it wants . glad you got yours sorted do you have to follow that procedure every time because it says that when you first set it up it remembers the settings .When i went to Rother Valley Optics they said it could be a faulty hand set ,still got a week or two left on the warranty so it will get sorted ,going to my mate todd8137 tonight see if we can sort it out ,thanks will do this tonight first off ,hope it works for me

cheers

clive

Archived