Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Vixen flip mirror to Celestron 9.25 sct

saturn

Hi

Can anyone help

Have just got a Vixen Flip Mirror and I want to fit it to my Celestron 9.25 SCT.

What is the best way to do this?

I also want to use a webcam and also my Cannon eos 350 DSLR on the flip mirror - so do I need any extension tubes.

Thanks

Matt

Hey Matt!

You don't have a 2" visual back yet for your C9, right?

I have a 2" Clamp made by Baader Planetarium on my C8:

Das Astro T2 System und Hilfsringe von Baader Planetarium - Zubehoer, Sektion 08 (there is also an english PDF at the top of the page) and can recommend it, it holds all 2" equipment very tight.

The Baader ClixLock-Clamps are quite fancy these days: Okularklemme 2 Zoll Clicklook bei Baader Planetarium, Zubehoer - Sektion 09A - - but I don't have any experience with these.

Of course, if you have a SCT-screw-on-Diagonal, you'll need an adapter to use it together with your new visual back.

Regards!

I use MANY of the Vixen Flip mirrors (modified as beamsplitter guiders) for spectroscopes.

I use a SCT to 2" (short) adaptor to mount mine on the C11.

( I'm not impressed with the quality of the mirror on these units..only suitable for framing the image not for imaging through...the Meade Flip mirrors are 150% better)

post-15261-133877714651_thumb.jpg

Archived