Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What came first?

The f/6.9 appears to be the older.

All references to it say it is 621mm FL and all pics show the focuser is not the DDG variant.

The newer DDG one on the WO site is 558mm FL and all say it is f/6.2

Guess that when they added the DDG they changed the focal length as well. Which I missed.

Have the older one and at f/6.9 I am happier with that then with the idea of f/6.2. And no you cannot have the focuser off of mine.:(:D:D:D:D

The f/6.9 appears to be the older.

All references to it say it is 621mm FL and all pics show the focuser is not the DDG variant.

The newer DDG one on the WO site is 558mm FL and all say it is f/6.2

Guess that when they added the DDG they changed the focal length as well. Which I missed.

Have the older one and at f/6.9 I am happier with that then with the idea of f/6.2. And no you cannot have the focuser off of mine.:(:D:D:D:D

Thanks Ronin

Anyone else have any thoughts about the relative merits of the f/6.9 v f/6.2 version?

Is the f/6.2 shorter and lighter for instance? This is more important to me than any minor optical advantages.

Beware... I had to return mine as it had pinched optics. First I sent back the lens assembly to the factory and they rebuilt it, and that too was pinched. They glue the fastening ring so you are basically stuck with it as is. Even loosening the collimation screws and waiting a few days for the glass to settle didn't help things. Note that this was two units in a row, and it was a little under a year ago. I got the FLT-98 instead, and that is a super duper scope!

Oh, for people with functioning M90s, I am sure WO get them right too. I may just be the victim of a bad Monday morning at the factory :(

How's this for pinched optics? (Megrez 90, EOS1000D, FF IV)

/per

nuclear.jpg

Beware... I had to return mine as it had pinched optics. First I sent back the lens assembly to the factory and they rebuilt it, and that too was pinched. They glue the fastening ring so you are basically stuck with it as is. Even loosening the collimation screws and waiting a few days for the glass to settle didn't help things. Note that this was two units in a row, and it was a little under a year ago. I got the FLT-98 instead, and that is a super duper scope!

Oh, for people with functioning M90s, I am sure WO get them right too. I may just be the victim of a bad Monday morning at the factory :o

How's this for pinched optics? (Megrez 90, EOS1000D, FF IV)

/per

nuclear.jpg:(:eek::eek:Nasty!

Archived