another newbie!

Hi folks

Been looking to get a scope for a couple of months now, keep changing my mind though on which type to get!

Is there a database of clubs I could visit to check other peoples setups before plunging in?

I am based in south Wales

Thanks

If you look in the Community section there is a Welsh Valley Group that may be of interest to you.

What part of South Wales do you live. There are several Societies where you could go to check out different scopes. There's one in Cardiff and one in Usk to name just two which are local to me.

If you look in the Community section there is a Welsh Valley Group that may be of interest to you.

What part of South Wales do you live. There are several Societies where you could go to check out different scopes. There's one in Cardiff and one in Usk to name just two which are local to me.

Near Bridgend, I found a society near but they don't seem to have many starparties etc

Perhaps find out were your nearest telescope dealer/shop is and go and see what takes your fancy. A lot depends on your budget, do you want to get into photography eventually? lot for you to ponder over.

Thanks all,

Think ill pop along to the Stargazers live thing on the 28th? Sounds like a good event anyway.

Also thinking that the Heritage flextube may be the best option for me - we like to camp in the summer and also drive to Spain once or twice a year where there happens to be very little light pollution and usually clear skies, it also suits my budget! :/

I change my mind too often though so could well talk myself out of that by tomorrow!

Archived