Skywatcher 130 GOTO advice please

If anyone out there has one of these scopes, can they please advise on a good eyepiece selection for general use - planets and DSO.

Is the Scopeteknix 10 pce kit worth getting at around £85?

ALSO.....

I've already seen Jupiter very nicely, but a bit small, using the 10mm and 2x Barlow.

How can I get a bigger view?

Finally, I haven't seen Saturn yet, but I gather it will probably be a bit of a 'small blob' with a line through it.

Is this true, and if so, will my telescope be any good for this planet?

Roy.

Scopeteknix kit... i would say no, you would only use one of the filters & that can be bought for £4... & the eyepieces are the very basic. better to buy ones you will use...maybe something around 32mm for nice wide deep sky views...and a nice planetary one...see Eyepieces - the very least you need in the 'beginer' section.

as for which make... as nicnak says the x-cel lx do work well in your 'scope...but there are cheaper options starting from around £30

I have been pleased with the Revelation Eyepiece Kit from FLO - much better than the Skywatchers. I have used a 3x Barlow on Jupiter but prefer the 2x as it's brighter. I haven't used the 3x Barlow on Saturn as I only had it for Christmas and haven't managed to get out to try it yet. It is a fantastic sight with the 2x anyway so I am sure you will be ok.

Archived