NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Meteor Showers

coxy322

The skies slowly cleared last night and so I was out in the garden assessing if it was worth setting up the scope. On looking up I suddenly saw a large meteor streak above Orion, heading in a southerly direction and its trail was approx 10-14 degrees. Great to see and was very intense red/white glowing as it burned up.

Is it possible that it is from the up comming Quadrantid shower, although not predicted to peak until early hours of 4th (Weds)?

Anybody else spotted anything similar recently?

I was out in my back yard last night (city heavily light polluted) trying out my new bins that fiancée got me for christmas and trying to work out what I was looking at with my planisphere (I am a total newbie). I too saw (what I still call) a shooting star :p). At the time I was looking at Auriga (I think). It was all very quick and I am still very unsure of my bearings around the night sky. It was very nice to see it though.

Celestron Skymaster 15x70 Binoculars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived