NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Alternative to Canon Eos?

Spica

Yes(ish) Bsically your looking to modify the spectral response of the camera and the mod that you do depends on what you want to achieve...

The newer cams have a multipart filter assembly infront of the sensor so you can remove one layer for improved Ha response but still have IR and UV cut which is very useful if you are using a refractor and want to avoid or at least minimise star bloat...

Peter...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok! I have made up my mind. Canon EOS 1100D it is. Going to my store, they then ask if I want image stabilizer or not. An addition 80 or 90 bucks. What do you think? I don't believe it is needed for astro-application (?)

IS is not needed for AP. Its handy to have if you will use the camera for every day use.

If you plan to use the camera during the day.....................get the IS.

You can always turn it off for astro-imaging.

Best of both worlds.

We got the 1100D last week, and been discussing it at work. My collegues claims the filter threads on, but i don't see any threads. Only a "quicksnap" or whatever it's called... So, for astronomical use, what filters is "a must" for deepsky & variable photometry - if any?

Archived