Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ6 dovetail clamp system

robindurant

I have problems holding my Scope system in place when mounting it in my EQ6 while locking the screws. My arms are weak due to past illness. Is there a system where the scope can be located in the saddle, say clicked or snapped in, then held in place with one hand while locking with the other.

If you have either CGE or Losmandy dovetails, astrodevelopments.com might have something for you. I have a couple of Losmandy style clamps, one of which acts as a stop like you describe.

I don't know if they also do a vixen type but if they don't I'm sure John could maybe point you in the right direction.

HTH

How about putting the dovetail / rings in first, then popping the OTA into the rings?

Very little strain is placed on the arms as the OTA "sits" in the rings without falling out.

Just a stabling hand against the OTA, and reach over and tighten the ring bolts.

Archived