Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dew prevention - Suggestions

Having some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket I'm looking at buying a few accessories for my observatory, the first being a dew prevention system.

I'm very apt at DIY Electronics so could build a controller, but often by the time I've done that I could equally of purchased an off the shelf option and be up and running. I'm looking for suggestions to cover the following points.

1) - 4 outputs, either two channels or better still 4 independent channels. Finderscope, primary and secondary mirrors and the guidescope need protection

2) - Whilst it's obvious where to place the heaters on refactors, what method is best for prevention on the secondary mirror of the 200P. I've seen these but wondered if anyone has used them (and why do they have such short leads)

split-heater-300w-01.jpg

I would be interested to see other members set up, with explanations as to why you went for that option, especially if you chose the DIY route

Take a look at "Dew Not" heaters as well. Pretty sure I've read a review somewhere that compares them pretty favorably to Kendrick ones - apparently they spend less juice while remaining effective. Would have to try out both myself to confirm, but that is what I've read.

You can find some of them, as well as controllers, here: https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/index.php/cat/c90_Acc------Dewcaps---Heaters.html

Archived