Collimation Screws and Locking Screws?

Hello I have seen pictures in the manual of what screw is which but this seems to be a error with me. The larger screw (collimation) I think should be a locking screw and the locking screw (smaller screw) should be the collimation screw because the large screw should just pull the mirror back onto the smaller screw which would collimate it depending on how far the screw is in/out? I NEED HELP PLEASE

Thanks in advance

Nope - you colimate it with the big screws - then when you've found the right position for the mirror lock it in place with the smaller screws - other wise you wouldn't know where to set the locking screws to pull it into collimation :D

Nope - you colimate it with the big screws - then when you've found the right position for the mirror lock it in place with the smaller screws - other wise you wouldn't know where to set the locking screws to pull it into collimation :D

Thanks brantuk I read this and it clicked and I can imagine gow it works if that make sense. Sorry for taking up your time on a simple question.

Thanks again!

Archived