Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M81 & M82 a couple of renditions

Spikey

The same subs processed with slightly differing black levels.

I used 10min subs on these targets and the sensor noise was pretty bad and difficult to control. You should see the 5x10 mins I did on M42 as an experiment ! I think it's 5 min subs from now on.

5x10 min subs @ ISO800 with 3xdarks and appropriate flats (still not sure if my flats are OK, is there a foolproof method of checking?).

Imaged with the ED80+FR, Canon 1000D via APT, ST80 guide with Atik 16ic plus PHD. Stacked in DSS with minor tweaks and then PS with levels, curves and layer mask.

spikey-albums-dso-s-picture14862-m81-ps1.jpg

I prefer this version even though it's clipped the faint fuzzies the noise is better controlled;

spikey-albums-dso-s-picture14863-m81.jpg

Hey Spikey great image, have you ever heard of Topaz Denoise? Its pretty good at getting rid of noise while keeping detail, its quite powerful and isn't very expensive, just to show you i saved your image, used a preset and moved a few sliders

Your image

post-21393-133877708117_thumb.jpg

and with Topaz Denoise 5

post-21393-133877708124_thumb.jpg

All the best

Jamie

Archived