NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ6 Clutch Adjustment?

r3i

Is it possible to adjust the amount of friction produced by the clutch levers on an EQ6?

My dec clutch seems fine but the RA clutch doesn't seem to apply the same amount of grip - it doesn't take a great deal of effort to rotate the scope in RA even when the clutch is applied.

It's holding the payload well enough during tracking but once or twice I've inadvertantly bumped the scope and the RA axis has shifted.

Perhaps I simply need to be less clumsy? :)

Can be the lever or can be grease in the cluch.

When remove the lever as Rustysplit saids, remove also the brass screw and a smal brass cylinder inside the hole. Check the surface of that cylindric piece searching for grease. Use a cotton tip to clean the surface of the crown while rotate the axis. Do not use grease in that surfaces!

Patricio

• 2 weeks later...
if the lever turns about 90 degrees before it locks, try unscrewing the plastic lever and replacing a setting further round the brass head. Easy fix that worked for me

Finally got around to working on this after the Xmas break - I did as you suggested and that looks to have provided some more leverage and tightened it up a bit - thanks to everyone for their suggestions. :(

Archived