NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First attempt at the Rosette Nebula

samir_ansari

Hi everyone, I've always been a fan of this object so I thought I would have my first proper go at this since using an un-modded 450D and walking away really upset and cold.

This was 15 X 5 minute exposures with bias frames but no flats or darks and was taken with my ED80 and QHY9 with 2x2 binning:

6535451011_5fc7fb038d_b.jpg

I had issues with with my alignment last night and the spacing still isn't quite right from the reducer so I have warped stars on the edges. I'll have to try this one again on the next available clear night.

Thanks for looking!

Samir

There's some nice detail in there Samir. I might be wrong but the star warping looks to me like it might be due to field rotation, not the reducer. I take it it was guided?

As always, can you post an un-tweaked sub? :icon_salut: Always interesting to see.

Cheers Paul! You're probably right, like I said I was having problems with my alignment last night however I did see some inward warping stars in the uncropped original.

I don't have the originals with me at the moment but can upload them when I get in from work tonight.

Archived