NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help needed with EQ1

JonF

Hi all, I need a spot of assistance. I've aquired a Skywatcher refractor on an EQ1 mount, and it has a bit missing. It's the sleeved bolt that goes though the altitude pivot on the opposite side to the altitude lock knob. As it's missing it's pretty wobbly. Anyone know where I can get a replacement? I've tried AstroBoot, but nothing there. I'd just go to an engineering factors but it looks like a pretty odd bolt - it's pretty big but with a fine thread. To be honest I don't know whether it's metric, imperial or Whitworth. Anyone know? Any help much appreciated.

Jon

Measured accurately using a micrometer. It is indeed an odd size, 10.72mm, or 27/64 in imperial. Amazingly, though, I found a bolt to fit in my box of brackets, bolts, nuts and stuff (every man should have one of these). I found an old signal attenuator which has the correct threading on it. Perfect.

Thanks are due to Wrinkly for his offer of the loan of a complete EQ1. Cheers Bill.

Archived