Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

m81

evilgeenius

Last night I finally cracked drift alignment and I managed to get my first half-decent shot with my recently purchased Apt wedge. By half-decent, I mean, no insance star trailing. It feels good to finally beat the 30-50 second subs I could get without the wedge.

I've since found out that my tripod+wedge outside are actually sinking into the ground and are no-where near level anymore, so based on that I'm quite happy with the current performance.

16 * 4 minutes subs, no flats, no darks (i was just testing my equipment) on M81. unguided.

I'm looking forward to getting a lot more data on m81.

Tools :

modded 1000D, Apt astro wedge, CPC925, BackyardEOS, DeepSkyStacker

Here is the stacked tif if anyone's interested in doing a better process :-) : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5177861/m81%20-%2017%20December%20-%2016%20x%204%20min/m81-color2.TIF

Thanks

Chris

post-27391-133877706736_thumb.jpg

Hi Chris,

I couldn't download your dropbox file, so I had a play with the jpeg. The alteration to wavelets could definately be improved beyond what I've managed. Using PixInsight I simply applied DBE tool, stretched the histogram, altered the curves a bit, applied a little HDR wavelets and then noise reduction. There will be more data in your originals for sure. My set-up is currently in storage, so thanks for letting me have a go with your image.

Cheers

post-17204-13387770705_thumb.jpg

cracking shot that will be even better with more darks flats bias shots. if you have photoshop try using the high pass filter on the dust lanes one fine one coarse that will really bring them out. here a link to my tutorial on it

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

Archived