Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC2403

Tzetze

I had been having some trouble lately getting stars to a nice and round focus. It turns out that the problem wasn't with collimation as I'd been convinced, but rather I'd tightened the primary clips too tightly after cleaning the mirror a couple of weeks ago. To say I was happy to have things back as they should be would be a gross understatement!

So, I've been out the last couple of evenings gathering some data from NGC2403. All the subs were only 1min exposures. However, after 60 subs last night, I tested a 90s exposure and stars were still nice and round. Was just about to test a 120s exposure when the clouds rolled overhead and soon after began to spit rain so I halted the session and packed away.

My setup is a C10-NGT with unmodified 450D. I use a mono DSI II coupled with DSI-WCS software to achieve alignment. Spending a long time on alignment yesterday evening was well worth it. If it weren't for the clouds I could have got some 90s subs and possibly even 120s (quite something for a very unstable setup).

I'm hoping to get a SW ED80 ds pro in the near future and plan to guide it with a Skylux bresser NG that's waiting in the wings for that job. Attempts at imaging in the meantime with the current setup however, has taught me a lot about critical balance and alignment.

Anyway, here's the image of NGC2403 so far. There's 1h50m of data there. I'm still getting to grips with processing and am not entirely happy with it yet. More data will help, especially if I can stretch out to 120s subs.

post-30250-133877706504_thumb.jpg

Archived