Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

GoTo or Ga-ga

Cloudwatcher

Missed out the daylight savings bit? When I first got my C8N, I spent two hours entering in the wrong date format, DD/MM/YYYY instead of MM/DD/YYYY.. oh was my face red.. :withstupid:

Ahem. I claim my five pounds.

Yours was one of the near misses. I took your entry to be "Missed out on daylight saving".

Entering the wrong format was mentioned in several posts but unless I'm mistaken nobody

suggested the specific errors of time and month. :D

I like the "I claim my five pounds"! :D The man has style! :police:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the HEQ GOTO if you tell it to go to say saturn and it is slightly off, or off come to that, move the scope so that saturn is in your fov then hold down the esc key for a few seconds and the goto will recalibrate itself knowing what you have is in the center. :police:

Booooo!! :D

Hisssss........ :D

Now....Now lads! Calm down,calm down!! :shock: It was only a bit of fun after all!

Anyway, you should have read the small print (well,very small,even teeny weeny print really) before entering the

competion. :police: (Thinks..Should have charge an entry fee! :D :D)

On the HEQ GOTO if you tell it to go to say saturn and it is slightly off, or off come to that, move the scope so that saturn is in your fov then hold down the esc key for a few seconds and the goto will recalibrate itself knowing what you have is in the center. :police:

Which version does that work on? I'm guessing that's the new sync. function in version 3, yes?

Captain Chaos

On the HEQ GOTO if you tell it to go to say saturn and it is slightly off, or off come to that, move the scope so that saturn is in your fov then hold down the esc key for a few seconds and the goto will recalibrate itself knowing what you have is in the center. :D

Yes,I do use that facility quite a bit, my polar aligning not being what it should. :police: I did use it at the time, it was being told by our little computer friend that Saturn was below the horizon that gave rise to the post.

Cheers

CW

Archived