Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TAL Finderscope - Need Advice!

Hi All!

Have recently acquired a rather nice TAL 8 x 50 Finderscope. Optics look OK but the objective lens is VERY dirty & dusty. Wondered if I should attempt to clean it (or not!). Any advice appreciated ... don't want to damage either the lens or its rather fetching purple multicoat!

Also, its dewshield is missing. Anyone know where I might be able to get a replacement (TAL or otherwise)

Many thanks!

Gary

The supplied dewshields are a bit too short in my opinion. Mine dew up in no time.

I've got a couple of these 8x50's and am going to look to get some aluminium tube. 2.5"x16swg should be a decent fit. A bit of flocking inside should make it snug.

Andy.

Thanks Andy - will give that a try.

How far from the end of the finder scope should the dew shield extend do you think? Am thinking 75mm (1.5 x Aperture) should be enough but don't want to get tunnel vision through the finder!

Was thinking of using Forward Metals (Ebay) for the tube since they will cut to size - have you any experience with these guys?

Thanks for the quick reply to previous posts by the way - much appreciated. Sorry for delay in response!

Gary

That's the guys I use for my small bits n pieces. Great service. If they don't have any items you need on their page, they can get it for you.

Yeah, I'd think 3 or 4" from the end of the finder, would be fine. So perhaps 5 or 6" of tube should work nicely ?

Cheers,

Andy.

Archived