Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dawn at Vesta

barkis

A lot of these photos are disappointing I find. I was looking at some of the recent Mercury shots and thought the same thing. Why can't they get a few more like those of our moon from the Apollo missions I wonder? Is it because they're taken by pre-set computers and not people I wonder? There are a few good shots out there but this photo, like so many others, is just flat on craters that could be almost anywhere. No doubt scientists can glean something from them but for the average viewer they're a bit boring (and not even in colour).

So is Vesta where Obama is hoping to send astronauts to in the next 10 years? Or is Ceres a more likely candidate?

A lot of these photos are disappointing I find. I was looking at some of the recent Mercury shots and thought the same thing. Why can't they get a few more like those of our moon from the Apollo missions I wonder? Is it because they're taken by pre-set computers and not people I wonder? There are a few good shots out there but this photo, like so many others, is just flat on craters that could be almost anywhere. No doubt scientists can glean something from them but for the average viewer they're a bit boring (and not even in colour).

So is Vesta where Obama is hoping to send astronauts to in the next 10 years? Or is Ceres a more likely candidate?

I think a ride on a Comet is planned if I'm not mistaken. Don't know any details unfortunately. I can't imagine what will happen if and when it closes on the sun, and it starts it's outgassing. May have to depart quickly :icon_salut:.

Ron.

Archived