Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DSO imaging advice please :)

Hey guys... Im trying to rekindle my passion for spending ages setting up only for the clouds to roll in then sitting and waiting for them to clear in the cold and dark of my back garden for a few moments of magic :)

Ive been mega busy over the last year and my scope has gathered a fair bit of dust :s Im wanting anyones advice on whether upgrading my EQ5 to goto will be sufficient to carry and guide my 200p with an ST-80?

Ive seen some good DSO shots on here using single shot unguided! the upgrade is around £280.. Is it worth it or should I not bother?

Also is the neximage ccd ok to use as a guide camera?

I know to get amazing results this is an expensive hobby but unfortunately I have to do it on the cheap for now or wait a very long time till I can afford an EQ6 goto :)

Heres some details about the upgrade

Resolution: 0.288 arc second

Slew Rate: 0.5x, 1x, 8x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 400x, 500x, 600x, 800x

Tracking Rate: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar

Tracking Mode: R.A. tracking

ST-4 type Autoguider Interface: Support 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x 1x guiding rate

Maximum Payload Capacity: Approx 9kg

Any advice is welcome :) Many thanks

I don't think the EQ5 will handle a 200P and ST80, you're better off saving the money for a 2nd hand HEQ5 which regularly pop up for £450-500

Thought as much... Is there a huge difference between the heq5 and the eq6?

and what happened to the buy and sell section :s

cheers

Archived