Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baader Scopos Extreme

sevs23

Hi

Looking to see if anybody has any experience of one of these - 30mm Baader Scopos Extreme?

I'm looking to extend the FOV in my main scope as much as possible - this is 70deg.

One of my concerns is the weight as my scope on it's dovetail is already xclose to the end of the bar when using the standard 2" diagonal.

Or otherwise, any other thoughts on a wide angle low power eyepiece - main scope currently is a Skymax 150 (F/12)

Thxs

Steve

With an F/12 scope you could use a 40mm 70 degree eyepiece and still retain a usuable exit pupil. That would show more true FoV. The widest of all is the Vixen NLVW 42mm which has 72 degrees (according to the spec) but it's not cheap. I owned a Skywatcher Aero 40mm which is 70m degrees AFoV - that worked very nicely in the 6" F/8 refractor I had at the time. The Aero ED's are pretty light for 2" eyepieces.

Thxs John - the Vixen NLVW is a bit too pricy for me.

I've looked online at the SW Aero 40mm (68deg afov) for £135, or a SW Panaview 38mm (70deg afov) @ £89. Also WO SWAN 40mm @ £89.

These 3 above are about my price range - upto about £140 for a low power wide angle. for a slow scope.

So would the Aero be any better in a slow scope given the size & afov's are all relatively similar?

(thinking with the spare cash left over from a SWAN or Panaview I could get a 15 or 18mm BST...)

Cheer

Steve

Archived